Tips for a Successful Move
Published on 1/28/2022
When you know it’s time to move, the best thing you can do is be prepared before the move even begins. As soon as you know you will be changing locations, it is a good idea to make a checklist so that you stay organized throughout the move while remembering to take care of important tasks. The more you cross off your list, the better you will feel.
Before You Move
1. Make a list!
2. Make sure you have plenty of supplies: moving boxes, packing tape, etc.
3. Label your boxes for easy unpacking
4. Pack ahead of time
5. Use your luggage when packing
6. Keep important papers with you
7. Keep things you will need throughout your move in clearly labeled boxes
Cover All of Your Bases
Once you have all of the supplies you need for your move, the key to a good move is to ensure the safety of your belongings. It is important to keep in mind that, even with the most secure storage space, there are different methods to use when packing various items and that there are tips and tricks that can work in your favor to make your move easier. It is always important to use the appropriate packing materials and boxes for moving, no matter what you are moving to protect valuables and other items that require extra care.
Get the Right Boxes for Moving
With your checklist and tips ready to go, having the appropriate moving supplies at hand is another necessity throughout the moving process. Boxes for moving come in many sizes and you’ll need to make sure you have various sizes to fit your needs. Armed with the appropriate supplies and your moving tips checklist, you’ll be ready to get your move on the road.
Find or Make a Moving Checklist for Important Tasks
- Use appropriate packing materials, making sure you have plenty
- Label boxes clearly and keep related items together
- Pack ahead of time, packing items you won’t need until you move in
- Pack cleaning supplies where they are easily accessible for moving in